Monday, July 16, 2007

Why?

Why did I do so much better on Saturday's "Slow Run" than I did on Thursday's 4 miles? It is called, I need someone to pace me. I really do need someone to run with to get me going.

Trac and Bridget did awesome on Saturday's run. I don't know how Bridget did it knowing that she had to be at the Church at 11:00 of the renewal of Bill and Her wedding vows!! Trac ran without any music. Then there was Sue, bring up the rear. I had nothing to worry about and I had music in my ears the whole time. I complained that my shins hurt, my feet hurt, that every thing hurt. But Trac and Bridget just did their magic and kept me going!!!

Trac just wrote to me that we did a 11:25 m/m? Where in the world did that come from? I did not know that I had it in me? Now I am scared to run Harbor fest!!!! I will be running it alone. My friend Kathy Hatter is running the 10K and I will be running the 5K. We know what happened when I ran a race alone. Can we say SWAMP RAT!!! That will always be my demon child. Shoot, the first race that I ever ran was not as bad as the Swamp Rat!!!

This just proves to me that I need to run with somebody, that music does not even help. I just have to brain wash myself to think that I am running with somebody. I only have until 7/28 to train my brain to think that!!!

I also have not run since Saturday since I have a blister the sized of Mount Everest on the bottom of my right foot. I covers all of my arch on that foot! I don't know if it was from my shoes (because I don't think it was my socks since I had on my PowerSoxs) or my body was not use to the mileage. I does not help that I walked for an hour at the Farmer's Market to get $40.00 worth of veggies and fruits. Ok, I did buy some local wine and soap. But they were on shopping list, ok the wine was not on there!!!

So after this I am going onto my favorite running website and see if I can get any info. I don't think in the year that I have been running that I have had a blister that big!!! Hey, I could always tell Ron that it was the shoes and I can get a new pair!!!

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

Blister??!! What the heck? Baby those tootsies!