Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Could It Be Tuesday?

I just read Bridget's blog and her run was just like mine. Except I did it on the Treadmill at the Y in between Andy's swimming lessons and Brian's Soccer Practice. I did 3.75 miles in 47 minutes (I forgot to write the seconds down because I was trying to see some of Brian's Practice before it ended). It just felt like I could not run. I was just going in slow motion. I physically had to force myself to breath and count 1-2-3-4. The last .5 miles I had people look at me because I must have been talking to myself.

This proves my point that I need someone with me to help me pace, except my mp3 player was not working and I was on one of the treadmills that only had cable TV on it. But I really don't think that music would have helped that much. But I know that I can not watch TV while I'm running. I don't get my "running" rhythm when I do that!!

I got to start thinking of things that will help me be more determined. When I read about Karen Smyers who is doing the Iron man (she is a mother who has recovered from Thyroid Cancer and had been hit by a 18 wheeler on her bike) and Amy Palmiero-Winters (a single mother and leg amputee from a motorcycle accident) finishing a marathon in record time, I just got to get in my mind "Suck it up Sue and get determined. There are people out there who can do it, you can too!!"

So I am on Trac's running schedule but with one of the running sessions out if I can't do it. So I'm going to try to do 4 miles again sometime this week, but I am bound and determined to do it outside!! Upward and Onward to 6.2!!! Saturday 5.25!!!

No comments: