Sunday, July 08, 2007

I know that I have been a bad girl about writing in the blog, but I have been at camp most of the time and Ma only has a cell phone and regular television (Yes, my kids still go there even though she does not have cable). She does have a PlayStation that they can use!!

Andy did great at the 4Th of July Race. It was only 1 mile and he did stop twice, but there were short stops (about 20 seconds) that he picked out and they were short for his standards. It really helped that his friend Larry and his Dad, Kevin, were running the race. He had been practicing at Ma's camp and that really helped him!! So now he wants to run the Harborfest 1 mile race for kids.

I got to plan out a mile run here for him. Also, the Syracuse Chargers have a mile run every Thursday. That way maybe every other Thursday we can see how he improves on his time.

My running has almost been non existent!! Trac has the perfect description of what happened to me on Saturday. She was right. After mile 3, I hit a brick wall. The only time that I did any real running was on Tuesday and that was only 2 miles. I have been a bad, bad, girl!!

The one thing that Trac did not say was she knew that I was done after mile 4.25 because I sprinted to that marker!!!! She knew that I was not going to run after that. I gave every effort to get there fast to have it be over.

So Trac, yes I learned my lesson! I am getting with Hubby right now to see what days will be good for me to run. I do not want to stop and I want to have a great run on Saturday!!!

Harborfest here we come!!!

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

The amazing thing to me was that after that very short walk, you were able to get running again and to really do some distance. That was amazing!