Sunday, July 22, 2007

Still Running with Blisters

I have been running this week, just not the miles that I want to . On Thursday I ran on the treadmill again at home. I did 4 boring miles on it. I hate just looking at the walls. But I did it in 46:16. That is a 11:54 mile? Ok, I'm still bad, but at least I can do it.

Since Bridget and Trac were in Lake Placid "Feeding the Bears" and Shannon was on vacation with her family, only Kris and I ran on Saturday. I felt good. I put my MP3 player on bass so I could only hear the "THUMP, THUMP, THUMP" and that seemed to work for me. Kris is only up to 4 miles and I think that I finally got over the 3 miles wall without wanting to kill myself. But I could only do 4 miles because I still have the blisters on my feet. And of course I did not put a bandage on it before I run so at mile 3.5 my foot was is pain. I finally popped the first blister, but now I have a blister under that piece of skin. I have to go to the drug store to find something to put on it!!! I also have to buy new sneakers!!! I really think they are the reason that I am having troubles. This is my first pair of Asics. I think I really need to go back to New Balance, I don't remember ever having this much trouble with my feet when I wore them.

I am going to try to do 5.25 miles tomorrow or Wednesday, but it all depends on work (of course). I have the Harborfest race on Saturday Morning so I will only be doing 3.1 miles on Saturday. I still want to be able to keep up with Trac and Bridget when I meet again with them!!! That is if the Boogie Man or Gentle Ben does not get them!!!

No comments: