Friday, July 27, 2007

Am I ready for this race?

Hell NO!!!! I am not looking forward to the Stoney's Harborfest 5K run. I am going this race alone. No Teresa! No Trac! No Bridget, Kris, Shannon, Sherry or Sherrie! No Parents to cheer me on. No Kids or Husband to cheer me on. Just me, myself and my MP3 player.

My friend Kathy Hatter (her son Larry is friends with Andy) will be running the 10K race, but I will be doing the 5K alone. And we know how well I pace by myself!! Well at least there will not be anyone there to see how bad I do this time!!! I have been trying for the last 1/2 hour to pull the race course up and I can't, so I don't even have a map to see what I am up against. So we will see what will happen.

On a better note, this morning (at 5am again) I ran 4 miles. I did it in 44:10 minutes!!!! I really don't believe that I did it. I think doing it on the treadmill is helping my speed. But in the back of my mind it think "Will I be able to do that speed outside?" But of course, it is just too dark at 5am to be running in the "Boonies" and I have to get my running in somehow!!!

Will update you on Sunday about what happens in the race. Trac, Bridget, and Jen have a great time this weekend at the Greyhound/Wine tour!! Jen, you will do great!!!

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

Sue,

We were with you in spirit! I am sure you did great. Looking forward to your race report,
Trac