Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This week so far

Well with the Thunderstorm on Monday......I decided to run inside. Actually I waited for about 10 minutes to see if Trac would show up, I heard Thunder and then I got my big butt inside.

I did run for 30 minutes on the Hill setting on the Treadmill at the Y. I kept at a steady pace of 5.0 mph and got up to an incline of 2.2. I think that is the highest that I have gotten to on the treadmill.

This week I have also gotten a really bad backache. It only hurts when I sit down or lay down for a long time. When I walk or run it does not bother me at all.

So tonight I took a mile walk with Brian (He rode his new scooter) . Then when we got inside, I ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill going up to a speed of 5.6 mph by mile 3 and ended with 5.4 mph.

My toe nail is really getting purple now. It is my toe next to my big toe. Of course, I don't have normal feet and that is actually taller than my big toe. Ron told me not to worry. I asked if and when will it fall off. He just looked at me. The man with all the answers!!! I does not hurt to run, so I'm going to run until it does.

It looks like Andy and I will be doing the Race for the Cure together on May 19th. We will be doing whatever his running class will be doing that day. I think Sherie and her daughter Madalyn (sorry if I missed spelled the name) will be doing it also. I think this will get Andy motivated to want to run another race. Which will probably the Swamp Rat Race in Brewerton around June 16th. Teresa and maybe her husband Rob will be running the race with Andy, Sherrie, Madalyn and I.

We think Rob will be running this race, because his first 5k is going to be May 2nd in Albany. We wish him luck!!! And maybe he will get the bug like the rest of us

2 comments:

runswithdog said...

There was no way MoMo was going out in that thunder - he was a quivering, panting mess.

You are doing great keeping up on your running - much better than I!

Sue said...

Tell MoMo I was the same way.....That why my big butt went into the Y after I heard Thunder!!!