Thursday, March 01, 2007

This week was not that bad.

Well, starting to get psyched for the Tipp Hill race on the 10th. I think that I will do OK in it, remember I just want to finish without having to stop!!

That gets me to what I did this week.

I ran on Monday with Trace, Cosmo, and Sherrie. We did the hills across from the Y. (3.6 miles to be exact) This is the day that my feet felt like concrete. The first lap was not so bad, but I noticed that I was behind everybody......I just did not have any uph in my step. I was just wanted to get it over with....sort of. I wanted to run, but I didn't....If that makes any sense? I kept on going, but after? the third hill, I had to stop and walked. After I got down the hill, I ran. That made me mad.....I know that I can do it. I have done it before, but I just could not. I had to stop again right before the fourth. But Trac was there with me every step of the way and kept me going. If Trace, Sherrie and Cosmo weren't there, I think I would have stopped after two hills!!!

She also helped me with my swimming. I did what she said about not really thing about how many laps that I have done, just do them. I added another 3 laps to what I already had accomplished. Ya!!!! But boy, I was really tired after swimming!!!

On Wednesday, I did my weekly run on my treadmill. No Ron to acted like a child, and Brian can get around after last week!!! I ran 3 miles.....I could have done more, but for some reason
it was really hot in the room with the treadmill. I think the pellet stove was on higher than what is normally is. I was throwing sweat everywhere. I'm lucky that I did not get any on Brian while he was on the computer.

This week is our last practice before the actual Tipp Hill Race!!! We are going to do the whole course this time.....I'm trying to plan out my play list for the race. I already know some of the songs that I want to put on, I just have to figure out where to put them. I know that I really need a good song for that last hill and the .5 mile after that. The music is what is going to keep me alive in this.....I'm going to need all the help that I can get. I know that Teresa will be there for me....but I might have to help her with this one!!

1 comment:

All my tomorrows said...

Keep up the good work with the training and DON'T DOUBT YOURSELF! You can do it!

Know what you mean about the "perfect race playlist". I have to hear some things at certain times in a race to keep me going, too!