Sunday, March 18, 2007

Is there such a thing as.......

A NASCAR Whore who doesn't sleep with the drivers? I think that I am becoming that person again. I was running today and I was listening to the pre-show. The pre-show that last forever and they talk about nothing......I was really listening to that. I was even running while they were singing the National Anthem.....what has Ron made. I even yelled at Brian, because he want to play on the computer and did not want to listen to the race. Since the boys were born, I have not acted this way....I can't want to see or listen to the race. I'm listening to the race while I'm writing this. If I start naming drivers and their crew chiefs, HELP ME!!!!! You guys are my only help. Shoot, Andy is now starting to get into it and right now he is working on our friends race car with Ron. That's a good thing, they will keep him busy and active.....He won't be home just watching TV or sitting around working on his sukdo because it is just too cold to go outside.

What I have done since the 4 miles is:

Saturday - I only went swimming. While Andy has his lesson, there is an open swim lap. I did about 20 laps and then called it a day. That way I was able to get dressed before Andy's class is over and I can make sure that he gets everything. I did not run afterwards, because I had some things to do in the area and Andy by himself is a great help and does not slow me down.

Sunday - I ran 2.59 (for 30 minutes) while listening to the pre-race and yelling at Brian.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow with everybody. I just hope that it is warm enough to run. I hate to run in the cold with my glasses. Which, by the way, I have to wear from now on. We (the Eye Dr) finally figured out that I am allergic to my contacts and I have to run with my glasses. To top it off, I am allergic to nickel (which most glasses are made of). I can't have the gold or plastic coated, my sweat wears the coating off and then the nickel shows. Then I get big sores on my face. There are not many plastic frames that look good on my high bridge which put my glasses near my face, which then fog up when I run in the cold.......Good thing that I like running, because I think this would stop some people.

I do have a new set just for running and I have a good set for every day. We just have to see how they work.

I would like to thank everybody's concern for Andy!!! It makes my decision to take him to the Dr's alot easier. I also showed what you said to Ron, now he thinks that it is a good idea to take Andy to the Dr's. I'm just worried because my Mom has diabetes, and I know what she is going through right now. You only want the best for your Children (both two legs and four legs) and you just do what needs to be done. If he has it, that is OK (you know what I mean), we will take it and just do the best that we can. If he doesn't have it, that's great!!! We will take this as a learning lesson and just change our ways and make sure that we don't have this again.

He is looking forward to taking the running class. We are writing down how much time he is on the treadmill or does any kind of exercise (not including Gym class) on a calendar.......I think if he gets through the 5K class, we are going to run the Arc 5K race in September......A mostly flat race, other than the bridge, which is good first race. I'm also going to sign him up for the Fun Run in July during Harbor Fest. That would be a great first race for him.....only a mile long....gives him a taste for the races. His little friend Larry is also going to run the race so he will have a friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe that you're allergic to contacts and most types of glasses lining! That must be so difficult! But I'm glad you were able to find something that works for you... can't wait to see your new "eyes"! :o)

Jen