Sunday, March 25, 2007

It is SUNNY in Central NY

Well on Saturday I met up with Sherrie and we did the Buckley Road Loop (2.46 Miles according to USA Track and Field). It was just cold and I could not get my breath. My legs were working, but I just could not get enough air into my lungs to save my life or run any more.

On Friday I did walk with Andy and Brian 1.27 miles. Brian ran the whole way....I had to yell at him to stop every once and a while so I could see him. With Andy, I started the walk 4 minutes run 1 on the way back. He did great for the first minute that we ran, but on the second minute that we ran, he started out to fast (because he wanted to catch his brother) and then he almost petered out on me......I had to do the "tough love" that Trace and Teresa do for me.


Today we did fast walk on our road again but 1.47 miles and I have come to the conclusion that I need to put all my efforts in Andy and my running.

This means that I am going to give up on the triathlon this year. I want to make sure that Andy is OK and that we get him on a running program. That means that I have to do "Tough Love" for him. On the other days that I don't have him running, I want to keep up on my running and be able to do the 10K Bud Run on Sept 23rd (I think). I still have a goal that I want to keep. Teresa and I are starting to decide what races we want to do for this year, along with some we want to do with Andy!!! That means some months I will be doing two races (I want to do some in the Albany area with Teresa).

Don't get me wrong.....The Tri is not out of the picture!!! It is just on hold. Andy is in the spot light.

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

It sounds like you are making some progress with Andy. Green Lakes will be there next year and the year after and the year after...... It is all about picking your battles. Frankly, I am amazed and impressed with all that you do - work, family, exercise, etc.