Tuesday, April 03, 2007

News about Andy and Running.

Well, we sort of got good news about Andy.......All the test came back normal!!!! YEAH!!!! So that means he is overweight BOO!!

So we have got him started on the running now. Oh, I signed him up for the Kids Y Run, but right now it is hard for him to run 1 minute straight. He tells me that he is looking forward to taking the class and running a 5K. Wait until he realizes how far 3.1 miles really is!!

On 3/30, he ran 1 minute and walked 4 minutes times 4 and today (4/3) he ran 1 minute and walked 4 times 5. So that mean Sue on 3/30 ran 1 minute walked 4 minutes time 4 and today ran 1 minute walked 4 times 5. If I don't loose weight doing this.....I will be heart broken!!

After I ran the 4.5 on Wednesday.....I don't remember if I have written that yet, Saturday I ran 2.57 miles on the treadmill at the Y. I did it on the random setting and got to a incline of 2.9. The highest speed that I got up to was 5.2. I was trying the keep a steady pace on the inclines.

On Monday, I ran with Sherrie, Shannon, and Trac. We ran the hills at the Y and only did three loops (2.7 miles I think). I kept up with Sherrie so I think that I did pretty well. That means 4.75 miles on the treadmill (Boy Scouts) tomorrow.

So that means I ran Wednesday, Sort of run Friday, ran Saturday, ran Monday, sort of ran today, run again on Wednesday. I still have to find another day for Andy? Or do you think Tuesdays and Thursday/Fridays will be OK?

So we are going to try new things with Andy and food. Andy and Brian are very picky eaters and maybe this scare will help them and us with eating better. Andy is already bring Carrots for snack tomorrow. Could this mean a healthier "T" Family? One will never know?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT news about Andy!! Much easier to change some eating habits & add exercise than work with a medical condition! Sounds like you and the boys are on the right track. How long before the hubby hops on board? He'll be racing cars around the track and the rest of you will be jogging around it:)

Sherri

runswithdog said...

That is wonderful news about Andy and what a relief! You are a great example of determination and the ability to change for him.

Anonymous said...

Glad Andy's tests came back normal.

You're doing so good with your running--!

Jen

All my tomorrows said...

Now you know what you're dealing with. It's good news. Sounds like you have Andy going down the right path. Hopefully he'll love running as much as Mom does and that will naturally help him drop weight and feel good. And WANT to eat healthy. Maybe a visit to the kid's section on RunnersWorld.com together every now and then? He might like that!

runswithdog said...

Ooooooo *point up* Runnersworld.com is a great idea!!! Good one, AMT!!!

Sue said...

Thanks for the info!!!! Aunt Teresa is helping me also...This way he can tell Teresa what he is doing during the week and then we can go onto Runnersworld.com.

Thank you everybody for caring and helping us!!! It does mean alot to me!!