Sunday, February 18, 2007

We Ran Tipp Hill.......

This week was a little slow on doing things.....more lake effect!!! Now, it is par for the course! Other than Monday, I only ran 2.5 miles on Thursday. I was trying to working on my speed work. Going slow in the beginning, then increasing the speed towards the end. I did get up to 5.5 mph on the last .25 miles. I'm hoping this will work for me so I don't die on race day.

Saturday brought SUNSHINE!!!!! So after Brian's turmoil of a soccer game (He did not get to play goalie and through a fit in the gym) I met Trace, Cos, Bridget, Jen and Cliff at the start of the course for the Tip Hill Run. It was great to met Jen and Cliff in person!!!! So around 1:30, off we go. It was sort of hard to run, because the streets are not plowed like the should. But going up and down the hills were OK. I did not feel any strain, pressure, anxiety, about running. Then came the last big hill in the course.

Like I said before, the street was not plowed like it should have been (shoot my street had less snow on it, and "we" keep some snow on the street so the snowmobiles can go up and down the road) I was keeping a good pace on the big hill with my 1-2-3-4 and then we had to stop for cars 1/2 way up. There was no way that we could have fit with the cars on the road. And as considerate runners, we stopped for them to pass. Once all the cars were up, we started running again. That was my demise. I could not get the rhythm again!!! I could not get the 1-2-3-4 to work for me. About 100 yards (maybe less) from the top, I had to stop and walk. I was defeated by the hill. But I did not let that get me down!!!

We did run the last loop of Burnet Park to see how that felt, I ran it slow and took it easy. And I have come to the conclusion, that this race is doable. After talking to Trace and Bridget about how the race is set up and after a night of thinking about it.....I'm looking forward to running this. During the race, I'm not going to have to stop for cars....Right? I will have my friends and Teresa with me!!! I'm all set. I am going to run the course again next week.....It does not hurt to be prepared!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue, it was so nice finally meeting you "in person"! :o) See you at the race--two weeks away, right? :o)

Jen

runswithdog said...

You stopped 100 yards. More like 20 feet. I know because I was BEHIND you!!!!! LOL You almost made it completely up and I know you will do it on race day.

runswithdog said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, I was BEHIND you trying my darndest to catch your ass!