Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I finally got to run outside!!

Yesterday, Trac, Cosmo and I ran about 2.7 miles, while doing "the hills", across from the Y. It felt great not to have to run on the treadmill. I really felt good doing it.

I do have to say that the third hill was hard!!! I got to a point where I just kept saying to myself "1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4", just to make sure that I was giving equal effort. I did the same on the fourth hill, but it did not seem as bad......I guess I knew that we were almost over and once I got over that hill, it was smooth sailing.

It does help when I have someone to run with. Even if they are not talking to me, I can see them. I guess my brain thinks that if they are there I can rely on them. It also helps me when someone is talking (or watching the kids on the computer) when I run on the treadmill. I'm doing something different....looking at scenery, what the kids are playing, etc. For some reason, I can not watch TV when I'm running. I guess that is the ADD in me. I have to look around, have more action.

After running, I went to swimming. I tried to work on my endurance!!! I got to where I can go up and down 3 times before I have to stop and catch my breath. But remember, I am doing this right after I have run almost three miles. So, I'm thinking I doing good!?! But I still have to work to be able to swim 1/2 mile without treading water every other minute!!!

I'm trying to run with Trac the Tipp Hill course sometime this weekend!!! I hope that we are able to run outside again!!! With the Noreastern coming and going to dump about 36" of snow and 30mph winds, I don't know if Spring is ever going to come!! But at least all of the running group will have the same snow as I do.

2 comments:

runswithdog said...

Hey! I heard you and started counting right along with you. You probably didn't hear me because I could speak too loud, didn't have the breath :-)

It was a good run, wasn't it? It felt so good to be out and frankly, I think it was just sick (to use a phrase my kids use a lot these days) the way you just powered up those hills. The treadmill incline has been good to you :-)

It did occur to me that with the new snow forecast, if Cosmo's poop bag is still out there, at least it will now be hidden from sight, at least until spring.

In case any readers are wondering about the above, Cosmo did his business, always in the first quarter mile. I bagged it, left it by the side of the road. We went back and looked, what? 5 minutes? 10 minutes for it? We could not find that poop bag. But we were responsible....we did try!

Anonymous said...

You kick butt girl! Us wimps stayed inside and did 3 miles. You not only ran further but added a swim too!! You should definately be proud of your progress especially with all the effort it taken to dig your house out and illnesses. Keep it up, we're all with you:)

Sherri