Thursday, February 08, 2007

And Part 3!!!

Well after almost 6 feet of snow (and still coming), we have made the national news. NBC came to Mexico and Parish to tape a segment for the Today Show and the Nightly News. Ron and I just looked at each other. It is not like we have never gotten this much snow before. Our first year in Parish/Palermo/Mexico (It sometimes stinks living in between three towns) we had so much snow at one time that when Ron shoveled off the roof it covered our front windows....We could not see outside of them for almost a month!!! I think this is so special because it really has never stopped snowing and this is really our first snow fall. For a place that normally gets snow during Halloween, having our first major snow fall at the end of January beginning of February is not, well, normal. I took pictures yesterday, but I have my camera on charge.....because I want to take more pictures tomorrow to put on the next time that I write to show the comparison.

So that still leaves me to running on the treadmill, by the time all this snow clears and it gets a little bit warmer, it will be May!!

Today I ran 3.25 miles and walked .25 miles. The first .75 mile was at 5.0 mph. The next 1.5 miles were at 5.1 mph. The last was done between 5.2 mph and 5.4 mph. Again it was a steady run.....no real problems. I do think I strained a muscle on the side of my quad, but when I run it does not hurt. It only hurts when I in the process of sitting down or standing up. I probably slipped walking some where and I pulled it. But since it really does not hurt, I'm going to keep on running.

It looks like I'm not going to be able to run Tip Hill practice run on Saturday or Sunday with the group!!! I am going to take Andy and Brian to the Y for swimming and soccer. I still get to run on the treadmill between swimming and soccer practice. While I'm doing that Ron is going to try to dig us out, cut down the banks, etc. Then on Sunday, if we can't hire somebody, he wants to get on the roof to shovel the snow off. I want somebody around when he does that......I really hope that we can find somebody or have someone help him!!

2 comments:

runswithdog said...

Tell him to be careful. I have lots of horror stories of people falling off while shoveling their roofs. Better yet, tell him to wait until you are home!

All my tomorrows said...

Good grief. I don't know how you people do it. I know there are lots of great things about living up your way (pretty fall, nice lakes, lovely trees, etc), but goodness...the snow. I would die..

Treadmill: is a GREAT way to train so do not sweat it. Use the incline A LOT and by Spring you will be KILLING IT. Last winter, I did a lot on the treadmill and I do think that it helped!