Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I Hate Snow.......Part 2

Well another day in the snow belt!!! Since I wrote in Sunday we have gotten 3 feet of new snow!!! Not inches.....Feet!!! It has been sooooo bad here that Parish/Palermo was on the Weather Channel. Ron and I did not go into work at all today. The snow plow did not go by our house until after 1PM (that was for the first time since Monday morning, so there was at least 2 feet of snow in the road) and Ron had snowplowed our driveway three time today!!! That is not counting the two times that he did it last night. Oswego County and the town of Mexico have a travel advisory. Route 81 is closed again. School was closed Monday and Tuesday. Welcome to New York's snow belt.

This is all fine and good, but not 10 to 15 miles down the road....Nothing!! Work got nothing!!! Trac, Bridget, Sherrie, Sherry, the rest of the running group, and the Y got nothing!!! Don't get me wrong, it was cold.....really cold but at least they could leave the house.

So that brings me to what I did today. I ran 4 miles on my treadmill. Going mainly around 5.0 mph for the first 2 miles. I then up it to 5.1 for 1 mile. Got up to 5.2 for the start of the last mile. I then went up to 5.5 for the last 10th of a mile. You know I felt good.....I felt really good. I just felt so cooped up that I thought I would go bonkers. And the run made my day. I just don't know how to explain it. It made me sane.

No comments: