Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Why am I doing this!!!

I am new to blogging, but thought it would be fun!!!! I have read some blogs from people that I have met at the YMCA and they have given me the guts to start my own. These are the same people that have helped me run my first 5K and have given me hope to try new stuff.

But now I am stuck. I need a new goal, something to strive for!!!!! I have two beautiful children, that I know that I will vent about at some time and a Husband that is a typical Redneck. But when I run, I'm a person. I'm not Andy's Mom ( That is my oldest son), Brian's Mom (That is my wild youngest son) or Ron's Wife ( You know who that is). I'm not the General Ledger Accountant at work. I'm me, just running my little heart out ( which is not very fast).

My first race was the Willow Bay 5K for women in Liverpool, NY that was held on August 19, 2006. I ran with a group of people who took a YRun class with me at the North Area YMCA. We had a great teacher and motivator named Tracy, I can not thank her enough for showing me that I can do it no matter what some people say. There is also Bridget.....our other motivator and Tracy's friend. She would sub for Tracy or just run with us when she had the time. Both of them kept me going no matter how I wanted to quit.

My other inspration is my Sister Teresa!!!!! She was with me every step of the way. She kept me going by making little presents for me and my kids regarding the race. She would call me weekly to see what I did in class. She even came in from the Capital District to run the race with me. I could not ask for a better sister.

Well my time was not that great but great for me because I have not been able to do it again. I ran the race in 35 minutes flat. Teresa ran it in 35.01 minutes ( I know that she can run faster than that, but I thank her for being there at the end for me).

Now that I have accomplished this wonderful task, what do I do now? I'm still running 3 times a week with my running friends (I can't foget to metion Sherie, Sherie, Kim, Brandy, Carol, and Toni), but I need a goal something to strive for. Something to prove to myself that I am somebody

No comments: