Monday, September 18, 2006

The BH-BL Rotary 5K or Teresa's Race

Teresa called me up today all excited that she signed us up for the Burnt Hills -Ballston Lake Rotary Club 5k. Today was the first day the applications came out and she has already signed us up and mailed it in. I have talked to her twice today....I think she is upset that Mike (my brother) will not do it. I say that it is his loss. He loves to run - before I even started running, I had to listen to him talk about the races that he was in. I understand now what he was talking about and how he feels about it......So why does he not want to run with his sisters and have us all share the same experience? I don't know......It is just making the bond between me and Teresa stronger!!!!

I did the Monday Two Miles with Sherrie and Brandy today......I hope they understand how much they help me. I know that they are doing this for themselves, but they just inspire me to do what I have to do.....With out the "Y Runners" I really don't think I would be where I am today. It is great to run alone when I'm mad or have something to think out. But it is also great to run in a group, they could be ahead of me, but as long as I can see them I'm ok - I can do it and finish it.

I think that we did a good negative split......11:38 for the first mile and 11:08 for the second. We got the negative split two weeks in a row!!! Yah!! That makes the time for the two miles 22:46, I'll take that any day!!!!

Sherrie and I signed up for swimming lessons today.....Of course I have to miss the first one. Andy has a open house and would be very upset if I missed it. I think I would be upset too, He is so proud of everything that he does....And I want to show him as long as he tries, Ron and I will be there for him!!! So next week will be the test to see what I can do in the water.

I just in case I don't write after I run on Thursday......I wish Sherrie "Good Luck" on the Bud Run!!!!! I know that you will do great!!!!!! I will be thinking about you at 9:20am on Saturday....Remember I will be wearing the headphones in the car and have an extra batteries!!! Thanks to Trac for getting me started on this blog...You're right it does help!!!

No comments: