Thursday, September 14, 2006

Training for a Sprint Tri

Well - I have thought about and after talking to Trac, I'm going to start training for a Sprint Tri. That is swimming for 1/2 a mile, biking for 12 miles and running a 5k. I have taken cycling classes, when I was younger a use to teach swimming, and I have finished my first 5K. Now I just have to put them all together!!!!!

I don't think that my family is to thrilled about this. Ron thinks that I'm just going to hurt myself. My Mom did not sound to pleased. But Teresa was my only savior again!!!! She said that I can do it and good for me. She will be there to help me. She did one a long time ago and has said once was enough, but she will be there to help me any way that she can.

Speaking of Teresa, I have gotten her on the 5K bug. She is going to sign us up for the Burnt Hills Rotary 5K, in beautiful Burnt Hills, NY. I think that she picked this one because we believe that the route goes right in front of the house that we grew up in. This will be a harder one (it has hills, the last one was straight) but I am up for the challenge.

I also think that the Y Runners are great. Sherrie helped me in my training last night. I rode the bike for 30 minute (That ended up to be around 7 miles) then I ran 2.5 miles. Sherrie did her run before I finished my biking, but stayed with me while I was doing my running. She kept my mind off the clock. They are all true friends.

My mind is thinking about Bridget. She went to the Dr's today to have picture done on her lungs. The found some spots and they wanted to check them. That girl is always upbeat and she is a true person. We only want the best for her. Bridget we are thinking about you, because you were there for us!!!!

No comments: