Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back on Track!!!

Well I can finally say that I'm back on track with the training.....I just have to work in cycling and I should be all set.

Last Wednesday, I was able to run three miles on my treadmill (YAH!!!). That was the most since I got sick. But I was not able to run again for the rest of the week. Living in the boonies does have its good points, but snow is sometimes not one of them.

This weekend we finally got winter!!! On Friday while the rest of Central NY got about 6-7 inches of snow, Palermo got 12-14" by 11:00am. I left work early to take Brian bowling for school. On my way to pick him up they cancelled it. Oh well with 14" on snow already on the ground and more to come, I was not about to try to go back to work. I would have taken at least 1 1/2 hours to get back.....So Brian and I stayed home.

Then on Saturday and Sunday, the cold came in. I don't think it got above 25 degrees this weekend. With all the snow, I don't think that I could also handle the cold. I did find some hills that are back to back that I could practice on.....I just have to wait until the snow at least gets off the road. I don't know when that will be, because we are going to get lake effect again tonight!!!

Since it was still cold on Monday, I ran on the treadmill at the Y. I ran the hills setting at level one for 30 minutes, at 5mph, which got me to 2.5 miles!!! I love the Y, but at this time of year everybody has their resolutions.....So you have to wait for a treadmill and have a 30 minute session. That's ok.....I'll just work harder during those sessions.

I also had swimming, so after running I did my laps in the pool. Right now I'm working on my endurance. Kate has me in flipper and they really keep me going. I know that if I just keep at it I will be able to do more that 4 laps before stopping. I just have to find another day to swim.

So that leaves tonight. I ran only 2.0 miles on my treadmill. But I got up to 5.2mph for one whole mile!!! That is good for me right now. I also notice that my legs don't hurt as much on the treadmill like they use to. This is also my first night of back to back running. So I really did not want to over do it. On Thursday, after Brian's bowling, (yes they are going to try it again), I will try to run 3.25 - 3.5 miles on the treadmill.

Now I just have to find a night where I can cycle. Oh, did anybody see the news? Bob the Thursday cycle instructor at the Y, was Teacher of the Week!!! Good going Bob!!!!

2 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Good job! I do not know how you all get along with all that snow. I would just curl up in a ball and never come out of the house :-(...

Sue said...

There are days that I want to do that....but life goes on and we just deal.

The snow is great is when we are able to play with the boys. Build snowmen, got sleding, throw snow balls, etc.....that is when I don't mind the snow at all!!!!