Sunday, January 14, 2007

Saturday

Just a report on what is going on with my training.

Saturday, while Andy was in swimming I ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill at the Y!!! 1.5 of the miles was on the hill setting on the treadmill. The other mile was on manual but I got up to 5.2 mph. I figure, if I try to build up slowly that I will get my mileage to where it needs to be. I know that everybody is over 4 miles right now, but my body is still fighting.

Because, I was not careful with the first cold/sinuses infection that I had, now I have infections all over. I went to my regular ob/gyn and he found an infection (I don't want to go into anymore detail on that). Then on Friday, I went to my eye doctor and he said that I still had pot marks on my eyes and we went through my whole history of what happened before I started loosing my sight in the left eye. Well, he said that I have an infection in my eyes, not just the left but the right also. I can see better but I have to treat them both. Ok, the only place that does not have an infection are my feet. And knock on wood for that.

I'm taking this all in stride. I have to wear my glasses for another month. Oh well!! The only thing that I can do is take all my medicine that has been given to me and laugh. I just have to get better!!! Oh by the way.......I'm glad it wasn't an eye lash. Because that would really be typical me if that happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's wonderful! It sounds like your running is coming along great!

Jen