Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yeah for Me!!

I'm out of the coughing slump!! I ran 2 miles yesterday on the treadmill. I started out slow around 4.5 mph and worked my way up to 5.2 -5.5 mph on the last .25 miles. I know that I'm not up to the mileage that everybody else is, but in my mind now I know that I will be able to get there.

I tried to describe it to one of my co-workers, it is like going through the withdrawal from anything that you have an addiction on. I have been very moody and snappy at work. (Thank God that you guys don't work with me. And to top it all off with the cold, and it being year end....I don't need to that the DT's right now). Running helps me relax (I know that seems funny) and I don't really have to think about anything except how I am running and listen to what is playing in my ear.

I also have the encouragement of my friends who are there for me.....And of course Teresa, my sister. Who calls me out of the blue to say she has made plans to be in Syracuse for the race (she "con" my parents into bring her out) and when do we sign up. "If we sign up Sue, you have to do it!!" I don't think I could have a better sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah same with me. If I miss a day of running, fugedaboudit. I'm ALREADY a very grouchy and irritable person and the running is the only thing that doesn't make it like 500% worse!

Anonymous said...

I've only started running the past few months, but I am enjoying it a lot. Trace says that exercising releases endomorphins in your brain to make you feel good. Works for me! :o)

Jen