Saturday, January 06, 2007

WELL........

Another week without running.

The last time that I ran was New Year's Day....That was only for 15 minutes. But this cold has really gotten to me. So much that I went to the Dr's!!! Me who rarely......Unless it is for a regular physical or something stupid like a eyelash poking my eye out....Goes to the dr's. Who has to be in so much pain, can't see, etc....You get the point. I don't go to the dr's unless I have to. But I was coughing so much and I was in so much pain when I coughed, I had to go!!

So I went to see My good friend Dr. Pinkes and he said "I just saw you for your physical, you must really be sick to come back again". Ok my Dr even knows me!!! He goes through the motions of checking my lungs and sinuses and says...You have an infection!!! So I tell him, "Well, Duh". He laughs. Sends me on my way, with a script for cough syrup with codeine, a box of Musinex, and Cleratine. (Sorry about medicines being misspelled. There is a reason that I work with numbers!!!!!) But he also pulls me out of work for the rest of the day on Thursday and all day Friday!!! He goes to me "you are not going to get better if you keep on going like you do!!! He did asked me when the last time that I ran. I can not lie to Dr. Pinkes and told him Saturday in the rain and Monday on the Treadmill. He told me that he understood, because if he was in my shoes, he would have done the same....But he also told me that I could not run on Saturday with the girls!!! "YOU NEED TO GET BETTER" he stated "Or everything that you have done is for nothing" So I promised him that I would not try to run until Monday.

It is killing me that the weather has been in the 50's and I'm stuck inside!!! GD, this is running weather. I'm going to try to walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes today and Sunday.....He did not say that I could not walk!!! Then I won't be so bad for Monday!!!

I have to get back to training.....I have gained 10 pounds this Holiday Season. TEN POUNDS!!!!!! That is not going to help me with the Hills!!!! Less weight to carry up the hill, less strain!!!

Since I do have the treadmill at the house, I'm going to walk every morning that I'm not running that day. If I don't walk, I'll do an exercise tape.....I have soooo many of them. I just have to do them!!! I have to get back to cycle class and back to swimming!!!! I have lost all the training that I have done before!! But I know that the Girls will help me!!! They will keep me in Line!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to the doc Sue! You'll be up and running in no time. Once you're rested and healthy you'll be suprised at how quickly it will all come back to you. It seems as though this crazy weather has created set backs for everyone.

Sherri

Anonymous said...

The weather and illness are playing havoc with all our planning. That is ok - we will perservere-)