Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ok

It has been a while since I have written.....but things have been hectic.

Little League has started and Brian is in full swing of being a pain in the butt. For being such a little boy, he has a big attitude!!! It's his way or the high way.

Andy has not been much better!! He is only running twice a week. Starting this week, I am making him run 3 times a week. Maybe he won't complain every time we start a new session!!

He is up to running 4 minute walking 3minutes - I'm thinking of shorting it to 2 minutes, and doing it 6 times. I don't know why he does it better when he walks a shorter distance.

He is also understanding some of the "lies" that I am giving him. Last Saturday we were Running 2 and walking 4....the last session, I made him keep going. He would say to me "Ma, how much longer" I would not tell him. He would say it again, I told him he was half way. He did it one more time and I said "Only 45 more seconds" So he started picking up the pace. When I told him that we were all done, He said "Boy that was a long two minutes." Then I told him that it was 3 minutes......He had a fit!!!! Did not talk to me for 5 minutes (That is a record for Andy!!!) Then he let it all out.

On Thursday, we were at the Track at the High School (we had to go there because I had Brian and that way we could run. He can sit in the center and play and I could watch the whole time) Andy made a fool of himself because his underwear was too tight and was cutting into him. (We where running 3 minutes/walking 3 minutes) He was crying and yelling how his leg hurt. I think I told him to suck it up and keep on running. Again the last session, when I told him that he was almost done.....He picked up the pace!!!! So I know that he can do it!!! But I also bought him larger underwear!!!

Again today......The first 2 sessions were like pulling teeth!!! Once we started running with other people who had a dog. It was OK to run then and have fun doing it!!! I even dropped his MP3 player and kind of broke it. (Thank God, Ron fixed it) He had no problem running the last two sessions without any music and he also did not give me any problems!!! Kids!!!

My running has gotten down to once a week!!!! Bad Sue!!! I have been doing 5K's and next week I would like to get up to 3.5 miles again!!! I have a goal of running the Bud Run in September - the 10K. Since I gave up the Tri, I have to have something to strive for!!!

I have to look at next weeks schedule. We have baseball for Brian at least two nights this week. We have First Communion practice on Wednesday......I still have to run with Andy and get everything ready for the First Communion on Saturday!!! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been keeping REALLY busy! Good job with all the running you and Andy have been doing- you'll be doing that 10K in no time! :o)

Jen