Monday, May 28, 2007

Ouch....I hurt in many ways.

I have been running, if you can call it that. I have been training Andy for his next fun run. I swear, no more 5k's for him until MAYBE next year.

The last time I ran with any mileage is when I ran my whole street. That was before the Race for the Cure. So I got mad at two somebodies to day.....No Andy was not one of them, and decided to take a run. I want to make sure that I do at least a 5k today because the Swamp Race is coming up. Boy did I want to stop at least a couple of times. I did stop once on the hill, but I made sure that I did not stop again. Right now my calf's are sore and a little soreness in my knees (I was so mad I had on regular socks, I did not even change into my good socks). I did not even time myself, I knew that it had been a while and I knew that I just had to do it.

Andy has been doing good on his running. He is up to running 1.5 times around on the local high school track. Also, we are doing time runs with Maddie and Sherri on Saturday. The kids seemed to hit it off. They are in the same grade and have the same taste. Andy is actually looking forward to running again on Saturday!!!

We are getting a total health coach for Andy at the Y. I have to go to the meetings too. This way if he hears from somebody else that he needs to eat different food (instead of me nagging him) it will do us all good. Maybe we will all start eating healthy and I will only have to cook one meal instead of two or three!!!

Ron is also pulling the crap he did when I began blogging. I'm just going to let him know that there are two of us who have kids and I need time to run, if he has time to go racing. Running with Andy is not going to cut it I want to run at least 6.2 miles this year. I am hoping for more. And if I hear "Well Tom (the race car diver) needs me", I'm going to scream!!! He has done nothing with his kids for the last two days other than hug them and ask them how was Grandma's. Does he understand the kids need him, crap, I need him. I need him to be with the kids just for an hour or more a couple days a week. I would give him almost everything that he wants if he would just do this for me. It is like pulling teeth just to get a hour by myself.

So for him to understand, I have put up my mileage that I have done for the week on the fridge with "GOAL 6.2 MILES" on the top. So he can see that I am not getting there. Also, when I start putting my stuff on the fridge, he knows two things: 1. I'm Mad and 2. I am bound and determined to do what I put up there. This is a two way street, and damn he needs to get out of the middle of the road!!!

I do miss running with the group. Sherri and I were saying on Saturday...even though we are running together with the kids, it is just not the same as running with Sherry, Trac, Bridge, Kris and Shannon!!! But we did see Bill running on Saturday (Bridget's hubby) so we knew somebody!!!

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Hahaha. You cracked me up with the refrigerator thing. :-).

Keep up the good work, girl. You GOTTA take time for yourself. My hat is OFF to you with the juggling act of kids and DH. It is damn hard work at a minimum.

6.2 or BUST.

Bridget said...

One thing I admire so much about you is your determination and your 'I will no give up attitude'! You have come so far! And you know what, you give so much to everyone else that you must take time for yourself. Keep it up!!!!

We miss running with you too.

runswithdog said...

Just a thought (and keep in mind I am not defending any selfish male behavior) but could it be that Ron *thinks* you are getting your run times in because he knows you are running (albeit with Andy)? Maybe to him, you out running with Andy is you out running. Just a thought.....

I am constantly amazed at your ability to juggle all that you do, work, kids, husband, running, and do it all well.
I miss running with you all and Cosmo especially misses his 'pack'.