Sunday, December 10, 2006

One Month.......

That is all that it took to be able to write again. But that does not mean that I have not been training.......A little.

The Jingle Bell Run was great.......Tina called in sick. She is a lost cause, I tried to get her motivated, but she always had things that prevented her to run. I would change my schedule, which is very hard to do with the kids, and then she would cancel......I gave up. If she really wants to run, she will get ahold of me.

I went to the Jingle Bell with the attention, just finish. I set my personal best at 32:20 (I think). Grandma you must have been with me!!! Then things started to get out of control when it came to running.

I was able to run the next day doing the Lights on the Lake with Sherrie, Shannon, and Trac. We did a good job and it was great. After that I went swimming like I always do and that is when things started to go wrong. I lost my contact in my goggles and instead of going into the dressing room to wash it and put it back in......I put it back in. The next day my Left eye hurt....That is the one with the contact in it, but it was nothing to worry about.

Then Brian got sick.....He missed two days of school. Then it was Thanksgiving.......There was no running then until Saturday. I did ok......I ran on the treadmill at the Y because Andy has swimming lessons. (It is the only "sport" that Andy likes and with us living in the "Boonies", Saturday is the only day that I can take him) I ran 3.1 miles with my new shoes. There were no problems. No shin splints. No calves hurting. Now I know that it is the shoes that were giving me the pains. But then that was the last time I was able to run for about 1 week and a half.

I got Brian's cold......It just weared me down. On top of that, we had one of our store robbed that set off a massive clean up on how we run a part of my department....That we found that one of the store's managers were not making the deposits. It was nobody's fault that we did not catch it sooner. Our company has just gotten so big, that the "higher up" did not think that maybe we should change some things around when it comes to some of the jobs. So for a whole week, I would go into work and "work my butt off" then go home and crash, because I really should not have been at work. Even once I was better, I worked all day Saturday, just to make sure that things are up to par and try our new program to make sure that they worked.

I was finally able to run again on December 4th.......I missed running with my friends. It is like a drug now. If I don't run.......I get crabby (that is according to my co-worker). I don't know if it is the running or being with my running friends. I ran with Sherrie, after it snowed in the complex across the street from the Y. We did the outer circle twice.....Once one way, turned around and ran back the other way. The second hill was just awful......It is a long steep, but gradual hill that really start back on the street that we ran on when I took the YRun class. Thank god I did not have to do it again. But because of Andy's Birthday, I was not able to run again until Saturday. During this whole time I have not biked or swimmed.

That was not bad......But I really do like to run outside a lot better. I ran for about 35 minutes on random (level 1). So there were some "hills" and I got up to a speed of 5.6 mph. I know that I could have ran more if I just did not run at such a high mph for me. I then biked for 15 minutes in the fitness room on level 10.

But what is killing me on this is I have to run with my glasses. I can't see without contacts or my glasses. I started to get a dull pain in my left eye on Monday and each day it would just get a little bit worse. My vision was getting a little bit blurry at this time. I was able to see my eye Dr on Friday and I have a lot of little chunks taken out of my cornea. They have put me on a steroid (eye drops) for a week and then they will look at it. So I can't go swimming again on Monday. They think that it might be the chlorine, but with everything else that has been going on ( and the little sleep that I have gotten) I could have put something else in my eye. It seems to be getting better, but my left eye hurts if I try to do to much with it. I'm hoping that it is the medicine working.

But I plan on running on Monday, not swimming. But I will go and see Kate and tell her what is going on and let her know that after this is taken care of I am going to sign up for her class again.

Will try to write again soon!!!!

No comments: