Saturday, December 30, 2006

Hey!!

I'm getting better at writing in my blog!!!

On Wednesday, I did run with Sherrie. We ran inside on the treadmill. But my cold was acting up. I only ran two miles using the hill category on level 1. Did you know that it gave me an incline of 1.5!!! And I did not realized that I was on the incline running at 5.1 mph!!! No wonder I was huffing and puffing at mile 2. But of course, I got the sinuses drip going and I was trying to run. What was I thinking......Ok I was not thinking, but I know that I have to run!!!


Today, (Saturday) I ran with Bridget, Sherrie, Sherry, Kris and Shannon at the Park. We did 4 miles. Shannon is a great pacer!!!! She was worried that she was slowing me down, but she helped me in so many ways. I was able to finish at least 4 miles. Everybody else ran an extra .25 miles across the bridge. At that time is was coughing up a lung. The whole time that I ran I did not cough. I did push myself the last .5 miles that could have done it, but I don't think so. I also forgot my mp3 player!!!! I realized that I did not have it until I was half way to the park (mile 10 of 20 in the car). So when things got tough, I started singing Polka's. Yes I said Polkas!!!! Growing up Polish, every kid had to learn the Polka and the 1-2-3, 1-2-3 to the beat of the song. So today, instead of going 1-2-3 to help me with the run - I started to sing Polkas. Bridget thinks that I'm weird, but it got me through 4 miles!!!

tomorrow Rob, Ron and my Dad put the treadmill in my computer room. That way we have music and we can watch DVD's while we are running!!! I'm thinking of getting a DVD that you can run to so you are thinking you are running in Hawaii. Ok that might be weird!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't Polka's great? Bobby Vinton's "She's too fat for me" polka is especially inspiring while running, LOL! Gives me motivation to run! :o)

Jen