Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ok I'm paying for it now!!!!

The last week I was on vacation with the family. Nothing really fancy or fun. Just went camping with Ron and the boys in Wolcott, NY and did somethings in Rochester.

So that means that I really did not run at all last week. We did a lot of walking, but no Running since the campground was so small and the only halfway decent road to run on is a major trucking route. I did not run. But I also have a major sunburn across my chest and on the top of my "babies". I not thinking it is a good idea to run while my "babies" are trying to recover.

I call up Trac on Friday to see if we were running on Saturday, she said yes. I'm now looking forward to running.

I don't know if because I did not work for a whole week, there was no stress or it was the new sneakers that I got last week (I will put in what I wrote on vacation about my sneakers after this), but Sue was in the GROOVE. I have not been that in the zone since one of the last days of the YRun class I took with Trac and we were doing something like 11/1 or 15/1. I just set the pace and just ran with it. Today's run, I can remember every step and enjoy running it. I remember every song that was playing on my MP3 player. I can go into work on Monday and say "Yeah I did six miles on Saturday."

I know that I pissed off Trac. She has been working so hard and deserves easy days. And it did not help that I did not run at all last week. But I really needed a day like to day to prove to myself that I can do it and maybe I am putting just a little to much into my Job and not enough into me and my family!!

Trac, here is your payback. I just got up from a nap with Brian to come down and see if he had turn off the computer (of course he did not). It took every effort that I had to walk down the basement stairs!!! My knees, they don't hurt, they just don't move!!! I'm getting electric "shocks", no real pain in the tendons that are attached to my heels. For the second time, I have learned my lesson, Do Not Over Do It If You Don't Run During The Week!!!

Next week the Willowbay 5K for Women. Trac, Bridget (I think), Teresa, and myself will be running it. I can actually say that I am looking forward to running it. Teresa wants to win the Sister/Sister category and will be running at her speed (good thing that I love her or I would hate her for her time) Race report to follow on Saturday.

This is what I wrote when I was on vacation regarding my new sneakers:

NEW SNEAKERS - 8/6

Well, I finally got them.......new sneakers. After trying to run on Saturday and only getting in 4 miles in because of two (count them 1! 2!) blisters on my feet! I could not go the other 1.75 miles that I was supposed to do. OK, I have now had it. Is it my sneakers? Is it my socks? It is because of the new mileage? Well now, I am going to find out.

So, I head over to Fleet Feet just as they open. I talk to the sales person and I show him everything and tell him what I am training for. After a long discussion and running on the treadmill, he comes to the conclusion that It is my sneakers. They have an arch that did not go with my feet. Also the sneaker that I was wearing was to narrow on my foot. My purchase is a new pair of New Balance 767's!! I can't wait until I can try them since I'm on vacation now.

The salesman also recommended some new socks to see if that will cut down on the friction. He said that the socks that I was wearing were OK since they were not cotton. But these socks have a double layer and that should cut down on the friction. Now I'm ready to run without my feet hurting!!!

***I can truly say that after today that my feet don't hurt......just the rest of my legs!!!

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

Hey! You didn't p*ss me off - I was just trying to keep up with you :-) I was really tired the last two miles and you were able to keep us on our pace. There is a little, teeny, tiny piece of me happy you are sore - it proves to me you aren't super human LOL

I went home and sat in a tub of cold water. Any distance over 5.5 miles - that really seems to help with my muscle recovery. Try it. It is agonizing in the beginning but then feels nice.