Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pulled Muscle

Yes, 5 days before my 1 year anniversary of running 5K's and I pull a muscle!!! So who is the first person that I get ahold of to help me? TRAC!! My Savior!!! I remember that I needed to do RICE. But I could not remember what RICE meant.

So, I e-mailed Trac on Tuesday and asked her what to do if I pulled a muscle. Right away she e-mails me the answer along with websites to help me. What a friend!!!!

Even after I said that I would not do stupid stuff (Like not try to run long distances after I have not run in days), I decided to see how fast I could do a 5K on my road at home. Then I would run the rest of the 4.75 miles that I needed to do to keep up with my mileage. I did pretty good time on the first 1.5 miles. I was keeping a good time, but all the hills are down except two on the first 1/2. I know that I pulled the muscle going up the two big hills on the way back. I was really trying to push myself. My time was 37:47....That was worse that my Harborfest Time!!! But of course, I ran around 7pm. It was hotter that were the Devil Lives (Brian is in the room and he is learning to read so Now I have to be careful what I type). I did not even finish running the rest of the miles that I had to do because I just did not have enough oomph in me.

It has been 2 days that I have been doing RICE. I even wore my compression pants, that I wear in the winter time, to work today underneath my dress pants. Good thing I was not hot today and the pants were long enough that nobody knew I had them on.

So I am only going to run about 2 miles tomorrow to make sure that I am going to be ok of the race. I went to pick up the race packets for Teresa and I at Fleet Feet tonight and the race coordinator said that there are going to be alot of teams this year. So T, you better run you heart out. You know that your sister (Me) is going to do her best, but she is no speed demon!!!

No comments: