Sunday, June 24, 2007

Trac said it all

Trac's blog about Saturday's run was perfect! She got out everything that I wanted to say about the run. The only thing was the last 1/2 mile was the toughest for me.

This run makes me feel good....it shows that I can do it after the bad race I had last Saturday. Trac says that I'm a good pacer....the only thing that really helps me is having my MP3 player and just listening to the tempo. I pick out songs with a strong beat. Just a Girl by No Doubt, Holiday by Green day, Walkaway by Kelly Clarkson, If your going through Hell by Rodney Atkins, I Can't Drive 55 by the wonderful Sammy Hagar, and Walking on the Sun by Smash Mouth just to name a few. I just make sure that I have my feet going with the beat. I think that comes from all the dance lessons I took when I was a kid. As you notice....I listen to everything. If it is strong musically, I like it.

Having someone to run with also helps me a great deal....It is just a feeling of knowing that some is there next to me helps a great bit.

I also really needed Saturday's run.....The last few month's of work have been Hell and it just escalated with a big bang on Friday. I had so much pent up energy and frustration that I had to run!!! I am so glad that Trac got me into running!!! I have met such wonderful friends and I have given myself an outlet to let it all go....to know that there is no right or wrong in something that I'm doing. I can run slow, I can run fast, I can even run like a dork if I want to. I can be me and there is nothing wrong with that.

No comments: