Thursday, June 07, 2007

Andy's Total Health Coach

His name is Nate......He is perfect for Andy. Andy definitely listen to him more that he does to me. Andy still has his moments of total blanking out. But I think this is going to work.

The pluses of Nate:

1. Nate is a college student. Andy would rather listen to some one younger that listen to his mother or father.

2. Nate lives near us. So Nate and Andy can talk about places in the area.

3. Nate was a Boy Scout. Andy is a Cub Scout. More stuff they can talk about.

4. Nate knows our priest. Other than his own father (Ron), Andy looks up to Father John. It is not like we live at church. Andy only sees Father John at Mass and religion class. They were on the same day, but Andy respects the man. It does not hurt that Father John is also on the Mexico Fire Department and goes out on calls. He is not a typical Priest!!!

5. Nate used to work at Disney World. Boy did that get Andy's attention!!! Nate told us all the great places and rides to go on.

With that Nate made a new little friend.

Nate also taught us how to play Racket Ball. Andy loved it. He sort of gets the principles, but Andy has some work cut out for him.

So Nate gave us some things to work on. We have to "work out" 3 times this week. Racket Ball counts as one. Our running counts and his swimming counts. He does work out at least 3 times a week, but now I think he will put more effort into it because he has to tell Nate what he does.

Also I have to tell Nate to call me Sue. He called me Mrs. Thorp today.....I just realized that, I'm cringing!!!

1 comment:

All my tomorrows said...

"Mrs Thorp"? ! Harumph...yeah, nothing worse than college kids trying to make you feel old. LOL!