Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Poor Bridget....

Or did I really spit!!!

Yes, I will get to that later......It has been a long time since I ran any long distances. Working with Andy has cut down on "my" running. The chart on the fridge is quite bare!!! At least I have one more entry to put on!!

Bridget, Shannon, Kris and I met at the Y to run/walk. We went across the street. Bridget and I ran 2.31 miles (Bridget, I went on USTF to measure it and it said that it was .77 miles around and we did it three times.) We did not attempt the hills because it was so hot. So we took the longest way without the hill.

It was the first time in a long time that I actually ran with an Adult!! Bridget was great and we had a great conservation. Shannon just got out of a cast and Kris did not feel good so they walked the long way with the hill. After the third time around for Bridget and I met up with Kris and Shannon. I felt really good!!! I could actually say that I am not as nervous about the Race on Saturday as I was this morning. I think that I did good during this run.....I had a dry mouth, but I thought that I was doing OK.

We then walked back to the Y and we had a great conservation. We talked about almost everything.....Bridget and Shannon had me laughing so hard that I spit. I really did not want to spit......After the run I did not think that I could spit....but there it went flying through the air, heading towards Bridget. Of course, I could not do it just once. It happened twice!!! They just got me laughing and I could see it go in slow motion.....I just could not stop it!!

So Bridget.....I'm sorry!!!! I really did not mean to do it!!! I promise that I will keep the dry mouth down. If I feel a spit coming on.....I try to turn the other way!!!

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

We must all take a good spit on occasion. Just try not to do it on anyone's shoes..:-0

:-)

runswithdog said...

Ehhhhhh, what's a little spit between friends?

Bridget said...

Oh stop it :-) I didn't even notice and plus, I live with 4 dogs and a husband. Doesn't phase me.