Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Because the Kids are not here....

I have been able to do things that I would not been able to do like:

1. Clean under the couch without going......"Get back over here before I drop the couch on you!!!"

2. Read a book for more that 3 minutes at time before 9PM.

3. Able to run without yelling...."Hey I'm listening to that on the computer and no you can't play on it" or "I'm running would you PLEASE leave your brother alone!!!"

4. Get up in the morning and actually have time to get dressed in peace!!!

On that note, I have no kids this week and I got up at 5:30am this morning....why I don't know why....I don't have to be into work until 8, technically 8:30 but I like to get there early.

So I ran my 3 miles. Trac and I said to be able to train for the 10K I would run 3 miles twice this week. It is soooo hot today so I decided to run this morning downstairs in the cellar on the treadmill. I did the 3 miles in 34.14 minutes....an 11.38 mile? Almost keeping with the times that Trac and I had for the 4 miles.

I'm impressed! I do alot better when I have someone with me and music in my ears. Today I only had music and the treadmill to pace me!!!

Hopefully tomorrow will not be as hot and Bridget, Shannon, Kris and I will be able to run!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, you are doing fabulously! Sounds like you had a nice kid-free day, too... always fun to catch up on housework, reading, napping, etc. isn't it? :o)

Jen