Friday, March 28, 2008

Running is getting easier

Ok that statement is not completely true. I still have to huff and puff off the treadmill. But I am running a lot faster.

Last Saturday, I ran 6 miles in the time of 67:17. I was beginning to think that it was a fluke. But yesterday I ran 5 miles in 53:56. See what a loss of 30 lbs can do.

I decided that I am going to train for 1/2 marathon so I can run a 15K. I know that it sounds stupid, but I have this mental block. If I train for the 15K, I would be huffing and puffing during the race and I would bearly make it. Remember the Bud Run? I was not mentally prepared for the race. If I train for 13 miles, I will be able to run the 15K? Heck, you have proved that you can run more than 9, so do it. This is to trick my brain. I'm sorry I have a Polish brain, you have to trick it some times!!!

My 15K will be the Utica Boiler Maker. My Ma said to me, "Are you sure that you can do it? Didn't someone die during that race?" Some confidence getter that is. I know that she only wants the best for me. But I have to prove that I can do it!!

No comments: