Thursday, February 07, 2008

I started training for Tipp Hill

I started running hill on Tuesday. I hate to say this, but boy did it feel GOOD!!! I really need to run on Tuesday. Just to get rid of all the excess baggage that I had on my shoulders. I was in the zone on Tuesday.

I did our regular hill run near the Y. Each lap is .9 miles. I did three. Making the mileage 2.7 miles. Not once did I want to stop. I felt so good that I speed up the last 1/2 lap. I had to end at three because I wanted to change before WW. I did not want to add any extra weight onto the scale. I also did not time myself because I could not find my watch before I went out to run. But all and all, it was a great run!!!

Tonight I ran 3.5 miles in 37:something minutes. At the end I put the speed up to 6mph and was just watching the mileage to hit 3.5 so I could slow down. That is still alot better that what I could do when I was 20lbs heaver!!!

I just have to keep up with it. Saturday will probably be another treadmill run, but at the Y I can up the incline alot more that what I can do at home. Depending on how many people, I'm trying for 3.5 miles and do 1 mile at a very high incline!!

I'll tell you how I make out!!

No comments: