Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Looking at my Running Life

And how I am not giving it the proper attention that it needs.

I have sort of taking a break from exercise, not most of it on purpose. Ever since the Apple Run I did not feel right, just a little achy. Then on Thursday it hit me like a ton of bricks. Every joint in my body hurt!! It hurt to get out of bed. It hurt to be in bed. It hurt driving a car. It hurt to have my less than 12 lb. cat sit on my lap. I was out of work for two days. Usually, I would not let a thing like this bother me. This I could not ignore.

Then on Sunday when I though I felt better, I got a cough that is still lingering. This of course did not stop me from going to work. It really does not hurt, like above, but when it is going to stop.

So since the Apple run I have exercise only twice. On Saturday, I walked on my treadmill for 1/2 hour at a pace of 3.5 mph. Then on Sunday, I did a walking program on my treadmill and got up to a speed of 4.0 mph. Ok that is a start.

When I was out of work for the two days, I had come up with something. I am not exercising or running like I should. Last year at the Apple Run I had my PR of 33:33. Of course, I was running with the group, taking Trac cycle class, doing everything that I needed to keep active.

Now look at me. I'm lucking to run with the group. I have not cycled with Trac since last Jan? I have not even taken a swimming class or any other class. I'm trying to run 3 days a week, there are weeks that I'm lucking to get in one. No wonder I did not get a good time at the Apple Run.

This is my fault. Yes, Ron and the boys put time constraints on me sometimes. But yesterday I could of gotten off my butt when I got home and run/walked on my treadmill. The same thing could of happened on Monday. But I didn't. I'm the one that is not making the extra effort. What happened to the drive that I had? Did I loose it?

No, I did not lose it. I just have missed directed it. I can still do most of the things that Ron and the boys asked me. I just have to remember that I have to stick with what I want. And I want to be active and healthy I have to start planning my running life around everything like I did before!!!

Here is to the new me!!! And a good run at the Jingle Bell Run!!!!

No comments: