Monday, September 17, 2007

I just wanted to thank....

Everybody who helped me through my long silence. I was having a really hard time with life, but like always, running, friends and Teresa helped me through it!!

Now I have a new problem. BRIAN. Brian is my younger child who likes getting his own way. He has mastered the art of getting his own way. We he has learned quickly that he can't always get his way.

On Friday afternoon, I got a call from Brian's teacher. Now remember, he is in Kindergarten. He cut something wrong and started to make a fuss to the teacher that he wanted a new piece of paper. Unfortunately, the teacher did not have another piece of paper so he could cut again. She was giving him suggestions on how they could fix the other one.

Brian would not listen. He blew his top and got very mad and upset. The teacher had a hard time trying to control him. Then he KICKED her. Yes, you read right, KICKED her. I am so embarrassed. How could one of my children kick anyone unless it is on a soccer field!!! I told her that I am soooo sorry and that we would try to take care of it. Other than going to the race, Brian spent much of his time this weekend in his room, without TV, and picking up old toys to get rid of. I hope that it is out of his system. Otherwise, it is a week in his room when we are home.

1 comment:

All my tomorrows said...

I think a lot of kids his age go through this with the "rage" thing. It might help for him to go talk to the counselor at school, however. There may be something your missing being "the parent". There is nothing "wrong" with that. It is just the way it is because kids don't want to let their parents down. I'm sure he's going to move past this in due time just fine.